Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help needed grave photo Slingsby

Hello can anyone take a photo of a grave for Joseph Slingsby died in 1945 buried at crooks cementry Sheffield. Says plot 2249 DD if that makes any sense. Would be really appreciated
Thanks in advance

Re: Help needed grave photo Slingsby

Hi Carole,
If I get up that way on a walk tomorrow I will take a look and also some photos too.

Thank you Lois Really appreciated

Hi Carole,
I went up today and couldn't locate an headstone. It didn't help that there weren't many numbers on the graves and quite a lot had been laid down. I eventually found the right row but not the grave. 😪

Perhaps there is not a headstone. I shall try and get next week if you want (Lois did you have the plot maps?) it is rather annoying that they are laid down but I understand for safety reason why this is done but you would have thought they would have put them face up so you could read the inscriptions.

Thank you John and Lois for trying. Appreciated.

Hi John,
Yes I had a map of the cemetery with where the DD are. There is also now one at the main entrance too. However there isn't info on the rows but I worked it out but nothing appeared. There was a Joseph Suggs I think nearby but not him. If you look over on the left there are two others in grave but doesn't ring a bell.