Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HARRIET ANDREW

Harriet Andrew was born 07 - 12 - 1803,Baptized 10 - 02 - 1804 in Sheffield, she married William Wheatcroft 26 - 12 - 1832 in sheffield . I have found two Death records for a Harriet Wheatcroft The 1st 17 - 08 - 1841 at Bramall Ecclesall Bierlow age given 35 vol 22 page 60 if this is the correct record she would have been 37 years old at the time of her death. The 2nd death record for Harriet Wheatcroft 13 - 09 - 1842 no age given at Bramall Ecclesall bierlow Vol 22 page 66 could this be the daughter of William and Harriet who,s birth I have not found.
I believe the Harriet's Parents were John Andrew and Sarah Husband which I have not found any trace of them.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: HARRIET ANDREW

Hi Fred
St Mary's Bramall Lane has the following burials:

Harriet Wheatcroft died 17 August 1841 age 35 of Heeley

Harriet Wheatcroft died 13 September 1842 age 2 of Middle Heeley.

There is also a burial for a William Wheatcroft of Heeley aged 6 weeks on 8 August 1841.

Also there is a burial for William Wheatcroft of Middle Heeley, died 29 April 1860 aged 64. I'm guessing he is Harriet's husband but no indication of relationships is given in the records.

Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply, Harriet died jul - Sep - 1841 And her husband died Apr - Jun 1860 both deaths registered in Ecclesall Bierlow William was the son of my 6th Great grand parents. the 1851 shows that William was living in Middle Heeley so those two records match up with what I have got. I will have to check up on the second Harriet to see which family she belongs to, William and Harriet had four children Elizabeth, Joseph, Mary & Lucy as far as I know.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

FRED WHEATCROFT
Harriet Andrew was born 07 - 12 - 1803,Baptized 10 - 02 - 1804 in Sheffield, she married William Wheatcroft 26 - 12 - 1832 in sheffield . I have found two Death records for a Harriet Wheatcroft The 1st 17 - 08 - 1841 at Bramall Ecclesall Bierlow age given 35 vol 22 page 60 if this is the correct record she would have been 37 years old at the time of her death. The 2nd death record for Harriet Wheatcroft 13 - 09 - 1842 no age given at Bramall Ecclesall bierlow Vol 22 page 66 could this be the daughter of William and Harriet who,s birth I have not found.
I believe the Harriet\\\'s Parents were John Andrew and Sarah Husband which I have not found any trace of them.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.
Hi Fred

Looking at the actual baptism record for Harriet Andrew I dont think her mothers name is 'Husband'.

The record says

Harriett, d of John and Sarah Andrew. Husband a Publican.

So that will explain why you havent been able to find marriage.

I dont know where Harriet fits in terms of children (youngest/oldest etc) but there is a marriage for a

John Andrew to Sarah Oates 16 April 1786, Sheffield Cathedral?

Denise