Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cremation details for a Maria Platts cremated 1962/1965 at Sheffield City Road Crem.

Hello. I am searching for the above details of my great grandmother, Maria Platts. Maria was born in 1875 and died in 1962, although my father does have her date as 1965. I am sure my date is correct. Apparently her funeral took place at Dinnington,Yorkshire. Followed by Cremation at Sheffield City Road Crem 1962/65.

I have a vague memory of visiting the Crematorium to place flowers by her plaque many years ago.

As I am doing the family tree I would like to mention details of her cremation on the tree and I have tried all sites to find Maria Platts but I have been unable to find any details of her cremation and I am hoping that someone can help me trace her records.

Can anyone help me please?

Yours

Mrs Lesley Airey, great granddaughter to Maria Platts

Re: Cremation details for a Maria Platts cremated 1962/1965 at Sheffield City Road Crem.

Looks like the death from FREEBMD:

Deaths Mar 1962 (>99%)
PLATTS Maria 87 Rother V. 2c 864

Re: Cremation details for a Maria Platts cremated 1962/1965 at Sheffield City Road Crem.

Hi Lesley,

You will probably have to phone Bereavement Services at City Road to find further details of the cremation.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello Lesley
Maria Platts, aged 67, was cremated on June 27th 1962. The cremation reference was 48300 and Bereavement Services will be able to tell you what happened to her cremated remains. This information is from an Index, the general public are not allowed to see the cremation registers!
regards, Christine Steers