Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Minnie Rhodes marriage to John Lang 1905

Minnie Rhodes married John Lang in 1905 in Sheffield. The was from the Free BMD search.
They are living in Denaby in 1911 as John works for the coal board. I know this marriage is correct because They were winesses to a marriage of one of Minnie's siblings later in life.

The problem is, when I come to try and find the marriage on FMP nothing is coming up for a match as I was hoping the marriage certficate might have been on line.

Would someboby be willing to check Ancestry to see if the correct match comes up or try to find it on FMP please.

Thank you

John

Re: Minnie Rhodes marriage to John Lang 1905

Hi John, If you put in John Lang on the civil marriages and put the spouses first name as Minnie with variants it comes up on FMP. I cannot see the actual record but maybe Minnies' name was misspelt. Regards Barry

Thank you Barry but I tried that and it comes up with him Marrying Mary Evelyn Beasley 9c 695 ref this is the same code as on Free BMD so why FMP haven't linked it I do not know I see the problem, They have a different page for Minnie on FMP on the transcription but the actual image definitely says 9c 695

marriage to John Lang
Minnie Rhodes
Registration Year: 1905
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration district: Sheffield
Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Volume: 9c
Page: 695

John

The image is not available on FMP...perhaps it was a register office marriage.

Angela

Hi John,
Without a certificate, for sure, you have a mystery.
Someone has a Tree on Family Search website that records John and Minnie marrying in Jan/1905 followed by: Yorkshire, West Aubrey, England.
I cannot find such a place but maybe some S.I. sleuths may have some leads. The only line I can come up with is Westbury Ave, Chapeltown but that would most likely mean the marriage reg. was in Rotherham District not Sheffield.

You are probably already aware of the burials for Minnie, her parents and a little 2 month old, in the same grave, on this S.I.website, John Lang is not with them, there is a possible death for John registered in Rotherham District, in 1934. The latter date(1934) is taken from the TREE on F.S. but they do not show a district.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Hi, This may help: Lang
John

Yorkshire Burials
Dinnington, Yorkshire (West Riding), England
Lang

John Lang born 1880 died 1934

England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
Rotherham, Yorkshire, England

I think we have successfully found the marriage. The fact there is no marriage certificate showing online seems to be the problem. I'm afraid it will have to be purchased.
marriage to John Lang
Minnie Rhodes
Registration Year: 1905
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration district: Sheffield
Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Volume: 9c
Page: 695