Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free BMB search

Anyone having trouble using the UK free BMD search this morning, likewise the GRO search facility?

Re: Free BMB search

Hi John

Both working fine for me!

Denise

Thanks Denise,
Don't know the problem then. When I go on the GRO website and click on Search the index it comes up with the birth/death option. When I click on birth it does not go on to the page where you pick year it just refreshes itself to the birth/death page. The same with the BMD one input a surname and years and when I click fin
d it just refreshes itself. No problem using FMP or this site so I am sure it is not my pc.

I use firefox as web browser and it fails wher if I use google chrome it works so why would this be?

Free BMD now works but GRO search index still not. I can log in get to which index either birth or death and when I click on birth doesnt progress further looks like wont be ordering certificates for a bit.

Hi John

So you get the page where you can select Births or Deaths, but selecting births doesnt then bring up the year box. Is it the same if you select deaths?

Maybe try clearing your Cache for whichever browser it doesnt work in (or both)??

Denise

John S
Free BMD now works but GRO search index still not. I can log in get to which index either birth or death and when I click on birth doesnt progress further looks like wont be ordering certificates for a bit.
John, there is a Covid 19 alert on the GRO website which says they are operating reduced staff, that delivery times for ordered certs will not be met, and requesting that, unless orders are for some reason urgent, then you should not order certificates at the moment
Dave

Denise, thank you for the information. How do I clear chache please, not very pc liteate haha

Found how to do it and it doesn't solve the problem.

John, after you select Birth you need to put a year in the date box. Then the full form appears
Dave

yes I know but its the year page that does not come up.

John, if you have not already tried it then log off the GRO website then reboot your computer and log on again.
Dave

Everything back to normal now. goodness knows what it was.