Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DNA and my research

Hi,
I wanted to say a big thank you to all on here that have helped.

I really have had to be quite a detective in my research for my biological father. I had a few wrong turns, but never gave up. It has taken uploading DNA onto other sites, cross referencing with other people who have helped. Yesterday, I finally believe I have found my biological father.

I will update in a few days when I have more information.

Regards

Sarah

Re: DNA and my research

Just hope it works out OK for you. I helped a relative find her biological mother & whilst they spoke once the mother wouldnt meet again. Hope you have better luck !

Just a quick update. I have been in regular contact with my new found cousin n Sheffield. I also spoke to my biological father for the 1st time! This has been a tremendous journey and also I have learned that I love researching my family tree.

I am really pleased for you & hope the new relationship proves to be a lasting one

SARAH Goodison
Just a quick update. I have been in regular contact with my new found cousin n Sheffield. I also spoke to my biological father for the 1st time! This has been a tremendous journey and also I have learned that I love researching my family tree.
Sarah, many congratulations on achieving your goal following what must have been a baptism of fire in family research.
I hope that you will continue to contribute on this forum, and I for one shall be looking for your expertise in identifying an unknown great grandfather using DNA profiling.
Dave

Wow thats fantastic Sarah. So glad you got there in the end, with a positive outcome!

Denise