Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Miranda Rodgers

Hi,

I have been trying to find out where Miranda Rodgers was born and when, so I can locate her birth parents. So far I have her born in Sheffield around 1805. She marries in Sheffield a Thomas Rollinson and goes on to have children. I found her burial record on here,in 1888. And I think I have her on the 1881 census as widow in the poor house? but not sure if this is her. I have her in the 1841 and 1851 census also.

Re: Miranda Rodgers

Hi Sarah, Found her married 1832 at Sheffield St Peter & St Paul, Found a birth and Christening for her: born 6 October 1811 Christened 31 October 1811 parents John and Ann Rodgers. Her name is down as Marinda. Regards Barry

Hi Sarah, Me again, found two possible marriages for John Rodgers and an Ann: John Rodgers married Ann Wildgoose 21 February 1808 Sheffield Cathedral, John Rodgers married Ann Hudson 27 August 1810 Sheffield Cathedral. Do any of Marinda's children have a middle name sometimes they use the parents maiden name. Regards Barry

I cannot find the christening you refer to. Can you direct me please

Hi Sarah, It is on familysearch.org. Regards Barry

Hi Sarah, The christening is also on Ancestry under: England & Wales, Non-Conformist and Non-Parochial Registers, 1567-1970, And England, select Births and Christenings 1538-1975. You will need full access to read them. Regards Barry

Hi Sarah

Its also on FMP = Marinda Rogers.

Denise

Found and added. Thanks guys