Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George albert salt

Does anyone have any info on GEORGE ALBERT SALT born 1881 in Sheffield, Brightside? I have found he was in the RAF during WW1 but cannot find a marriage or death for him. His parents were George + Mary Anne Salt.

Re: George albert salt

Hi

It looks as if George Albert Salt Born Q2 1881, leaves the RAF in 1920 (or leaves the Army, transferring to the RAF Reserves) and moves to Manchester, where he transfers to the Manchester trade union for Carpenters & Joiners in 1920 - his status at this point is recorded as SINGLE- This was the trade he had before he joined up and where he was an active member of the same trade union when living in Sheffield.

Theres then a death for George Albert Salt born 1881, died 28 Nov 1957 in Manchester.
The Probate document states he leaves everything to his widow Kate Salt.

EDIT: A George A Salt marries Kate Hill in Prestwich, Manchester in 1921 .

On 1939 census George Albert B 17 May 1881 (Q2 1881), Builders Joiner is living in Manchester with son George Arthur, b 27 Feb 1925 (mothers maiden name HILL). At the same time Kate Salt is in Ancoats Hospital, Manchester

So that all seems to fit/could be possible?!

Denise

Re: George albert salt

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I had found the George Albert salt you mentioned, but didn’t want to presume it was actually him, but I am coming round to your answer, as I cannot find anything else that ties in with his details. I need to get a marriage certificate at some time to actually confirm it.
Many thanks for your help,
Gill