Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Harrison again

Hello
I am still searching for Mary Harrison b 30th Dec 1912 to parents William and Alice living at Carr View Villas Hangingwater Sheffield this is in the 1939 register she is age 27 I originally posted that she was in the WAAFS I had seen a photo of her in uniform ,this was incorrect I now have a photo of her and she was in the ATS I still cant find anything else for Mary I have looked through free bmd and looking at marriages etc ,my question is would there be anywhere I can search to look for her in the ATS

Thank you for reading this albeit a little bit on the long side

Chris

Re: Mary Harrison again

Hello Chris,

Mary Harrison born in Ecclesall Bierlow M quarter 1913 mmn Robinson 09C 813.
William married Alice in 1898 Ecclesall Bierlow 9C 626
Try ancestry for free records until the 15th for ATS records
From FMP she may have died in 1979 but that record shows her birth was Apr 30 1913.

Regards

Terry

Hi Chris et al,
Not sure if this is the right track.

Mary Harrison Birth Reg.1913 March Qtr. Ecclesall Bierlow
mmn: Robinson REF: Free BMD

a possible marriage between Alice Robinson and William Harrison. REF: Free BMD
Marriage Reg: 1912 Dec.qtr. Congleton, Staffs/Cheshire

There are a number of marriages for a Mary Harrison in Sheffield around the 1940's period. If indeed she ever married..??

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Hi Terry
Thank you for your reply I will try on there

Chris

Wendy
Thanks for your reply I don't know if she married but will check it .if not where did she go ??

Chris

Chris, in 1951 a 39 year old Mary Harrison travelled to New York. Apparently no other harrison was aboard. She gave an address in Ripon.
Dave

Hi Dave

Wow

Thank you so much I presumed. and I know you shouldn't presume anything trying to find someone that she would return to Sheffield then why would she ?

Thank you once again

Chris

Chris, cannot see any sign of her returning. However the manifest document of the ship arrival in New York on 27th oct 1951 indicates that her intended destination was an adress on E22nd Street in Oakland California.
Dave

ChrisW
Hello
I am still searching for Mary Harrison b 30th Dec 1912 to parents William and Alice living at Carr View Villas Hangingwater Sheffield this is in the 1939 register she is age 27 I originally posted that she was in the WAAFS I had seen a photo of her in uniform ,this was incorrect I now have a photo of her and she was in the ATS I still cant find anything else for Mary I have looked through free bmd and looking at marriages etc ,my question is would there be anywhere I can search to look for her in the ATS

Thank you for reading this albeit a little bit on the long side

Chris
Chris, you may be able to buy Mary's ATS records. Google " get a copy of military service records" to find how to do it and download an application form. The cost will be £30 but the records will be very detailed. It will be relatively easy if you are next of kin.
Dave

Dave
Thank you for the information on Mary I don't know what I would have done without your help still going round in circles I will have a look at trying to get her ATS records though she was my great aunt may be difficult but its worth a try

Thank you Dave
Very best regards
Chris