Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dna testing results

Hi,

I have been helped on here by so many people and want to say thank you. I joined ancestry co uk at Christmas with a hope to find my biological father. I have researched all my mothers side and the DNA results came back today and they are good! I am on the right track. However, I never knew my father. My mother gave me a name a few years ago, and she died 29th march 2019. (yesterday one year).
I am determined to find my biological family, and so far the dna paternal side has showed matches for Sarah Paget 1762 and John Wormsley 1761 and Eelanor Houghton 1759 and thomas dring 1755. I have researchd the connection and I get it to a william dring 1791 and eizabeth wormsley 1791. They have a child, Elizabeth Dring 1823. She marries a John Patchett 1817. my dna shows i am connected to john pratchett and his wife catherine ward. But here i get confused. The connection family all emigrate to NZ in the mid 1880s.
Ho does my mother meet my biological father in SHeffield?

I really need to solve this puzzle. ny help very gratefully received

Sarah.

Re: dna testing results

Hi Sarah

Can you just confirm in which direction you're doing your paternal research. Are you working back from the name your mother gave you, or forwards from the potential connections highlighted in the DNA results?

Denise

Hi Sarah

I have John Patchett/Elizabeth Dring in my family tree. John was born in Croxton Kerrial, Leic in 1817. I am descended through his brother Robert whose daughter Catherine married Robert Jordan, my great grandfather. They lived in Sheffield.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Jenny

Jenny
Hi Sarah

I have John Patchett/Elizabeth Dring in my family tree. John was born in Croxton Kerrial, Leic in 1817. I am descended through his brother Robert whose daughter Catherine married Robert Jordan, my great grandfather. They lived in Sheffield.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Jenny
I have emailed you Jenny

I think I may have a match for a Margaret Patchett marrying a Fred Dyson in 1907 in Sheffield. Is anyone able to grab a copy of this at all for me? Need to find out who parents of both are if posible.
Thanks

Hi Sarah

19 May 1907 St Lukes Dyers Hill

Frederick Dyson, 24, Bachelor, Labourer of 21/8 Granville Street Father John Dyson File Grinder (dec)

Margaret Patchett, 19, Spinster, Domestic Servant, 48 Granville Street, Father Robert Patchett, Bricklayers labourer.
Witnesses Joseph Patchett and Gertrude Higham.

Angela

No wonder I could not find it, I used Margert as the search name and look on the marriage certificate how the registrar spelt her surname. PatcheLtand that is how it was indexed. John

John S
No wonder I could not find it, I used Margert as the search name and look on the marriage certificate how the registrar spelt her surname. PatcheLtand that is how it was indexed. John
Thanks so much for this guys. Means a lot to me. I think Robert Patchett, her father may have married his cousin Ann (annie) I will look at this tomorrow. But I think I just found my biological father :-)

I have sent you an email Sarah.

Good luck

Jenny