Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thomas Goodison

Can't seem to find much about this relative. Thomas Goodison, born 6 september 1810 Stannington. Thinking maybe died? Can't find on census nor a death record or burial that matches. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Thomas Goodison

Hi Sarah

Theres a burial for

Thomas Goodison, born 1810, buried 9 March 1819, St Nicholas Bradfield, son of Jacob and Ann of Stannington.

Denise

Hi

Could this be him...only guessing as I have not followed the other thread:

GOODISON Thomas Buried 29 Mar 1819 aged 9 son of Jacob & Ann of Stannington. Bradfield St Nicholas

Angela

Hi Sarah

Thanks to Angela for spotting my mistake with the burial date . I missed off the '2' and obviously meant '29 March'!!!

Denise

Thanks once again guys!😁

Sarah,
I assume you have not yet discovered the Bradfield Archives, free to use on line.
It is easy to use, but not easy to understand all the data. The name Goodison plus it's spelling variations shows there are 780 documents.
Jacob Goodison gives 15 documents, and all 15 are your Jacob. There is also interesting info about John born 1804.
Also, the Sheffield Flood Claims Archive, free to use online, gives a lot of info for that area in 1864. The name Goodison and spelling variants gives 23 answers.
Dave