Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sarah Ann Turner born 1830 Bradfield

Sarah Ann Turner was born in 1830 in Bradfield the daughter of Matthew Turner (born 1801) and Sarah -------. I wonder please if some kind person to work out for me the surname of Sarah.

Still on Sarah Ann Turner, I have reason to believe that she had two children out of wedlock Matthew Turner born 1851 and Gershon Joe Turner born 1860 and in 1865 she married a George Berrisford.

1. Have I done my detective work correctly or have I messed up my family tree completely
2. Anyone any ideas where the name Gershon could come from.

Regards

John

Re: Sarah Ann Turner born 1830 Bradfield

Hi John,

Have a look at Ecclesfield 1823. She is called Sarah Turner but????

First children baptised at Bradfield 1825.

Its not at Bradfield or the Cathedral..... No Matthew Turner.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi John

Gershon is a biblical name and who was, according to an internet search, the eldest of the sons of Levi, and the patriarchal founder of the Gershonites.

Carol

John, OnBradfield Archives, Sarah Turner gives 22 answers and Matthew Turner gives 247 answers. Many are Matthew Turner Filesmith born about 1880 but it is possible yours may be among them as well.
Dave

Hi John

Baptism for Sarah Ann Turner, 25 Jul 1830, St Nicholas, Bradfield
Father: Matthew, Occupation Grinder, Mother, Sarah
Address: Stannington.

Then as Elaine says:

Marriage of Matthew Turner to Sarah Turner 28 April 1823, St Marys Ecclesfield, both Full Age
Witnesses: Harriot Sharp, Samuel Pearson

Looking at the Baptisms for Matthew Greaves Turner in 1851 and Gershon Joe Turner, Mother Sarah Ann is living at Middlewood.

On the 1851 and 1861 Census Sarah Ann Turner is single and living with her widowed mother Sarah and siblings,(and Matthew and Gershon in 1861)in Middlewood so all seems to fit!

Denise