Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please can anyone advise on finding plot owner

Hi,
my mother passed away last Saturday, and has asked for her ashes to be buried with her Aunty and Grandmother who are buried in Handsworth Cemetery
From your search, I found the Grave Number (804) - her Aunty was the last person buried (Hilda Barton, October 8th 1980) - but does not give details of the plot owner from whom I need permission.

Please could you help me find that information ?

many thanks
Mark

Re: Please can anyone advise on finding plot owner

Firstly so sorry to hear of your loss. Contact Sheffield Bereavement Services at City Road Cemetery as they should be able to help you.

thank-you John.
I will try them again - they only pointed me to this website to find the info

The Sheffield Archives guide to their holdings for cemeteries says they have Registers of Grave Plots for this cemetery covering 1859-1996 (reference A462). These would normally list grave owners though the information may be out of date. The registers may be on microfilm.

A link to the guide...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/libraries-and-archives/archives-and-local-studies/collections/Cemetery%20and%20Crematoria%20Records.pdf

Hugh

Hi Mark,
Re grave 804 at Handsworth Cem.
Can you please get in touch with me via email so that I can help you.
Trevor

email tgspencers@netscape.net

Hello Mark
I have an image of the Grave Book for Handsworth. Plot 804 is owned by John Barton. I will email you a copy. Friends of Burngreave's Dave yates photographed the registers and we transcribed them
Christine Steers