Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death Albert William Harrison

I received this request which has me at a loss of where to go next.

Our brilliant sleuths maybe able to get somewhere.

I have just noticed that the GRO Index seems to be missing years 1920-1983.Then Jumps to 1984. Seems rather odd. Elaine.....

Joe Wilding

22 Jan 2020, 19:07 (17 hours ago)

Hi Elaine,

I'm wondering if you could help me please.

I am looking for a death certificate for one of my relatives, Albert William Harrison, who was born on 19th September 1925 in Sheffield.

I believe he died in the late 90's or early 2000's as other relatives (who have since passed away) visited him around this time before he passed away.

Using Sheffield City Council's BMD Index search of the approximate dates returns a single record of:

Death - A79A/132
Details: Albert HARRISON - 20/05/2003

So I emailed the registry office to confirm the record, and they came back stating:

"We do not have any record of the 2003 death, although there is a link to the 1997 Date of birth but with a different date of death."

I have searched the index again and there is no record of the 1997 death.

I have asked them for further clarification on the records, but they are unhelpful and have simply stated that I need the exact date of death to acquire a certificate.

Having searched numerous BMD sources, I cannot seem to find any other records that may match the 1997 record or otherwise.

Are you able to offer any assistance in finding the details of the 1997 record please?

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Joe Wilding

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: Death Albert William Harrison

Hi

The 1997 death does come up on FMP, showing the same date of birth you have given. The reference is F72A/113

Carol

Re: Death Albert William Harrison

Hi

Ancestry shows the record just under Albert Harrison, not Albert William

Name: Albert Harrison
Death Age: 72
Birth Date: 19 Sep 1925
Registration Date: Sep 1997
Registration district: Sheffield
Inferred County: South Yorkshire
Register Number: F72A
District and Subdistrict: 0481F
Entry Number: 113

And it does show on the GRO site

Name: Year of Birth:
HARRISON, ALBERT 1925
GRO Reference: DOR Q3/1997 in Sheffield (0481F) Reg F72A Entry Number 113

1939 Register at 174 Lindsay Ave just shows Albert as well - have we got the right person?

Vicki