Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sheffield grammar

Are there any records for Sheffield Royal Grammar in the 1880s? I am trying to find Rudd went there. Newspaper reports have an E G Rudd winning running races in 1879 and 1880 but I can’t be sure it was him. Any help appreciated.
Jennyruddoneill@optusnet.com.au

Re: Sheffield grammar

Edwin Gibbins Rudd was born in Quarter 4 of 1865 to Thomas and Frances Rudd. In 1881 aged 47 she was a widowed grocer at 130 Upper Hanover street, and Edwin (15) was a scholar, along with siblings Catherine (24), Florence (19), Frances (16)and Albert (10).
Thomas Rudd and Frances Gibbins were married on 19th February 1851 at the Wicker. Thomas was a 30 year old widowed scissor manufacturer (son of Joseph, also a scissor manufacturer) and Frances Gibbins was a 19 year old spinster. Thomas died at Norfolk street on 10th November 1873 following a long and painful illness.

Re: Sheffield grammar

Thanks for that Ted. I have actually researched the family, and you have got the right people, except that Thomas was not the son of Joseph. He was the illegitimate son of Mary Rudd and John Hattersley who was a farmer, which is written on both of his marriage certificates.