Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Minnie Rhodes marriage to John Lang in 1905

Minnie Rhodes married John Lang in 1905 in Sheffield and I was just wondering if anyboby could find the exact date and church please. It is not showing on FMP so obviously it is at a church that has not been transcribed yet. Any help really appreciated, Thank you, John

Re: Minnie Rhodes marriage to John Lang in 1905

Hi John,

Happy New Year.

Our transcription for Christ Church Heeley only goes to 1895.

She was living in Heeley in 1901
1911 married and living at Danaby Main Rotherham.

The first two sons of John & Minnie were baptised at Christ Church Heeley. 1906/1907.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello John.

They are not on Ancestry either, i am down in the archives on Monday and will take a look for you.

Regards.

Terry

Hi John

The marriage is not at Heeley Christ Church as the FMP transcription goes up to 1928.

Angela

John, at least 10 marriages either side of the page on which Minnie and John's marriage is recorded are also not shown in any transcriptions. This would imply that this large block of marriages were probably at the Registry Office.
Dave

Hi John

They could have also been at a non-conformist chapel.

Angela

Thanks for all your replies and Terry I hope its not too much trouble for you to try and find it. John

Hello John,

They were definatley not married at Christ Church Heeley 1905.

Terry

The marriage is on page 695 of the GRO index.
A marriage on page 691 took place at 'Register Office' in Attercliffe (according to marriage details recorded in a WW1 service record.) The registrar is named in the service record which checks out in directory listings.

Hugh