Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No indexes

In the past I have found many references to my ancestors BMD in the index However it is now saying they can’t find any What has gone wrong?

Re: No indexes

Julie, please give us a few examples
Dave

Hi
In the past I have logged in to the Sheffield indexers to gain information about BMD of my Longden family,However now it is saying No Results found for any of my searches I know there is information out there as I found it before.What has happened?

There are hundreds of Longden and Longdons in our births, marriages and burials records. Can you please give us some specific people that you can no longer find?
Dave

Hi Julie,

As far as our site is concerned we have made NO changes other than to add more material to
our database. The database holds well over two million transcribed events.

As Dave has mentioned we always need names & dates when searching. Possible occupations will also help especially where you are searching for a common name. i.e Smith,Brown,Wilson etc.

If you are still not turning up the folks that you had found in the past, please let is know. Quite often its something as simple as how the name is spelt or a period at the end.
i.e. "Smith."

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thanks you for everyone’s replies You are right there are many Longden’s in the indexers I know because I have found them in the past At the moment it is not coming up with any Longden’s So in fact I am looking for them

Julie, try the following search
In Surname in Baptisms put Longd*n. You should get more than 300 answers. Among them should be the ones you are looking for. That search will find Longden, Longdon and Longdin
Dave

Thank you. Dave that has worked