Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Rogers

I am looking for George Rogers the husband of Florence Mary Ellen they were married at the registry office in Sheffield on the 13/05 / 1939, George's father is named as Percy Rogers witnesses were Hannah Jane Herring? & John A Herring?.. George was living at 16 Grammar street Sheffield & Florence was living at 38 Queens Road Beighton .
I would be very grateful for any information.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: George Rogers

Fred, a Percy Rogers married Hannah Wyatt in 1913 Ecclesall Bierlow. They had a son George in 1914 Ecclesall Bierlow. All from Free BMD
Dave

Hi Dave,
I am sorry I missed out the surname of the wife of George Rogers. She was Florence Mary Ellen
Parkin.

I am looking for George Rogers the husband of Florence Mary Ellen they were married at the registry office in Sheffield on the 13/05 / 1939, George's father is named as Percy Rogers witnesses were Hannah Jane Herring? & John A Herring?.. George was living at 16 Grammar street Sheffield & Florence was living at 38 Queens Road Beighton .
I would be very grateful for any information.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Fred, I have already suggested that George was the son of Percy Rogers and his wife Hannah nee Wyatt. That Goerge Rogers was born in 1914. What was Gearges age at his marriage in 1939?
Dave

Hi Fred et al,
Not quite sure whether you are looking for history or future but there is a lot of info on this website, unfortunately not the marriage (13th May/1939 Sheffield) of George Rogers and Florence Mary Ellen Parkin, but it is on Free BMD.

However, the baptisms of their two children are:
Patricia Catherine Rogers born 1st Dec.1939-Bapt:20 Dec/1939
at St.John Baptist Ch/Owlerton. George is a soldier and the residence is 169 Granville St.

Michael Trevor Rogers born 30 Aug/1948-bapt:Sept.26/1948 same church. George listed as HMF residence at 136 Greaves St.

Patricia Catherine's marriage is also on this site.

Going back in history: George's father was Percy Evelyn Rogers whose 1st marriage was to Annie Augusta Barker in 1901. Annie died March 1913 age 34 at 32 Firbeck Street.
Percy (widower age 31) Res:53 Freedom St RM: May 26th 1913 to Hannah Wyatt age 22 spinster living at 67 Freedom St.(as supported by Dave's findings)
All the above and more can be found on this website.
There is a possible death for Percy Evelyn Rogers for 1917 age 34 Sheffield on Family Search website.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Percy Evelyn Rogers burial is also on this (Sheffield indexers) site. Buried in the same grave is John A Herring who was witness at the marriage of George Rogers in 1939.
Dave

Hi Fred

Looks like George Rogers, born 27 July 1914, died in 1988 (2nd Quarter, 1988, Sheffield, (0481B), Volume 3, Page 1184)

Florence Mary Ellen Rogers, Born in 1912, died in 1957 (M Quarter, 1957, Sheffield, Volume 02D,Page 186).

Denise

Hi Wendy,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply and valued information.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your very kind replies and valued information.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.