Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Albert Pleta

I'm looking for my mum's uncle Albert Pleta. He has served in the army and settled in Sheffield after the war. We googled some information but we still unable to find the right place of his burial. He died in 1987 (burial date 23.07.1987) and his place of burial is City road cemetery.
I'm just wondering if there is any chance to localize his exact place of burial as this cemetery seems to be a huge place and we will travel to Sheffield from a distant place.
We have possessed an Archive reference number from findmypast website which is 336, page 180 but we don't know where we should ask for help

Also, we will appreciate any information about the burial place of his wife Bridget Patricia Geraghty Pleta (dob 17.11.1916, died in 1995)

Thank you so much for any kind of help,
Sylwia

Re: Albert Pleta

Hi Sylwia

You're right - City Road Cemetery is massive!

If you contact Bereavement Services at City Road Cemetery they should be able to help you

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/births-deaths-marriages/cemeteries-burials.html.

Denise

Re: Albert Pleta

Hi,

Our Transcriptions cover City Road (Old Intake Road), Sheffield - May 27, 1881 to Jun 4, 1987.

If you look at the Burial records over to the left at the top of the first page you will see we have maps of the different Sheffield Cemeteries.

Once you have the section and grave number you should be able to find it.

BUT first contact Bereavement Services at City Road.

Elaine in Florida.