Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grandmother's grave

Hi
I'm looking for Mary Kirk Flavell who died in December 1910. She lived in Carbrook Street, Attercliffe. Her baby son, John Edward Flavell who died in 1911 could also be buried with her. Neither of them are buried with my grandfather who died in 1954. I have tried the website "Find a Grave" but neither of them appear to be listed. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks.

Re: Grandmother's grave

Hi Christine,

Mary Kirk Flavell age 32, burial 23 November 1910, Tinsley Park Cemetery,
spouse, George William.

John Edward Flavell age 10M, burial 21 June 1911, Tinsley Parl Cemetery.

These are transcriptions only so there is no more information.

Moira.

Hello Moira
Thank you SO much for the information. May I ask where you found it, as I had given up all hope of finding anything out.
Many thanks

Christine

Morning Christine,

Back about 2000 the Family History Societies transcribed many Church & Municipal Cemeteries for the National Burial Index. Most of the dates only came forward to about 1910. Tinsley fortunately for you had a cut off date about 1950. Just going from memory.

Tinsley is administered by City Road Cemetery. My suggestion is to contact them at Bereavement Services for further information.

Elaine in Florida.

Hi

Tinsley Municipal Cemetery Burial Records 1882-1973

Transcription of 37,460 burials in Tinsley Cemetery in North East Sheffield. Includes plot references, addresses and relationships.

Can be downloaded from www.genfair.co.uk

There is a small charge.

Angela