Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cuthbert

hello i'm trying to find where baby's who was born and died one in 1942 and one 1945 their surname is Cuthbert . can anyone tell me what Churches that was open in them dates to bury children ? How do i find where they might be buried? did they have paper from church or some registration of being buried ? Im not sure where to look ?to to contact ?would Sheffield archives have Buriels?

Re: cuthbert

A reply I had sent Mandy yesterday.

Like yourself I have checked ALL my records and neither child is coming up.

What I did check was the following.
Edith Mary Edmundson/Edmondson married James E Cuthbert Sep qtr 1937.

on the 1939 Index they were Living at 30 Lindsey Ave
James E Cuthbert born 1904 a Hand Grinder
Edith M. Cuthbert born 1915 a Charworker.
No children.

I found the following children
James 1940
Doreen 1942... 9c 894 death reg 9c 276
Michael 1943
Jack 1945.... 9c 905 death reg 9c 695

Seems both Doreen and Jack died shortly after birth..

We have transcribed City Road Cemetery up to 1987 and I can not see either child there.

Do you know where the parents are buried?
You can try BEREAVEMENT SERVICES at City road and see if they can help further.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi

I've found;

Doreen Cuthbert - Born 1942 - died 1942 - aged 7 weeks. Father: James
Buried: 4 Jul 1942 at St Philips, Sheffield - looks promising based on Elaines finds?

Cant see a burial for Jack yet.

Denise

Oh wow thank you so much your a star where did you look ? Is there a website ? Many many thanks

Hi Mandy

The information is on 'Findmypast' (paid subscription site). Doreen died at the Childrens Hospital and the family were living at 5 Exeter Street at the time.

I also looked for any burials for parents James and Edith, but couldnt see anything!

It looks like James E Cuthbert died in 1970, and Edith M in 1997.

I've just also found the baptism record for Doreen:

Born 21 May 1942
Baptised 7 Jun 1942 - St Silas Church Broomhall St
Father James Edward (I think on his death record its Edwin?), Scissor Grinder, Mother Edith Mary
Address 5 Exeter St

Denise

Thank you once again you really helped me lots its better if you know where to look which is why i would like to learn i find it intresting .

My cousin tells me their mum and died was Creamated at hut cliff top in Sheffield maybe james is with them there . thank you so much

mandy smith
My cousin tells me their mum and died was Creamated at hut cliff top in Sheffield maybe james is with them there . thank you so much
I MEAN EDITH MARY CUTHBERT NEE EDMONDSON AND JAMES EDWIN CUTHBERT I REMEMBER ANUTY MARY DIED IN 1999 I PRESSED THE BUTTON TO SEND BEFORE I FINNISHED SORRY

Doreen is buried in grave NP734 in Wardsend Cemetery (St Philip's Parish). This grave has a gravestone but she is not listed. The inscription reads...

In loving memory of
JOHN ARTHUR
the beloved husband of
MARY EDMONDSON
who died Feb 23rd 1917 aged 49 years
Also JOHN EDMONDSON
father of the above JOHN ARTHUR
died May 9th 1907 aged 60 years

I have a photo if you would like one.

Hugh

Yes please Hugh !! that would be amazing ..thank you so much ..your a star

I would like to thank all of you for your help we have now found where Doreen is , but its been i'm possible to find a burial for jame's her brother born 1945 and died 15 minutes later. It is very sad we carn't find them I am thinking of trying funeral directors in that area at that time see if they can help me.

Hi Mandy

Can I just check - you refer to Doreens brother who was born and died in 1945 as James - but the only birth and death record we've found is for 'Jack Cuthbert' (Elaines post). Are we talking about the same brother?

Also, did you try Bereavement Services at City Road?

Denise

Hi there yes I mean Jack haha sorry for confusion. Didn't realise I put James instead. Yes we have birth and death certificates but an not find a burial anywhere. I'm still doing that side of tree to see if he could be buried with someone like doreen is. Thank you

Yes I tried the no joy love