Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wood family Bradfield area

Thanks for your e mail Wendy, I only just found it, been away. It's interesting, and I'd love to know who entered the info on Family Search because some of it is very definitely wrong!George's seond wife isn't Elizabeth Gill. She did die in 1870.
The George Wood in Clayton in 1851 had four children. His second marriage is in 1853 and I can't locate any accurate deaths for his first wife or what happened to the two youngest children who'd be 2 and 5 in 1853. I think I've found the oldest two girls are in service on the 1861 census. Neither of the those children lived with George and his second wife and George's granddaughter (reliable in all other info she gave me) and my grandad knew of no other children of George so I'm not at all sure the Clayton family are the same family.
The 1871 census doesn't say Valentine is John's stepson it says he's his nephew, but as I've said in an earlier bit of this thread I think John and George are not brothers but maybe cousins. Valentine was baptised from an address on Harvest lane which is where John was living at the same time. I do think John and George are related but can't find anything certain.
the hunt goes on