Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My wife’s ants the Smiths of Penistone

Sarah Smith born 1912 1 daughter Margaret Turton Bramall Annie 1912 Worley married name ?2 daughters and 1 son called Stewart ? spelling vol 9c page 703 Alice Smith April 1916 4 daughters married name ? 9c 655 We think Alice died at the age of 91 9c 655 Harry Smith Oct 1924 married ? Vol 9c page 605.

Re: My wife’s ants the Smiths of Penistone

Roy, I suspect that no one is going to reply to this because we do not understand it.
Can you please clarify what you know and what you want?
Dave

Looking for help finding my wife’s ants or children my wife’s family came from langsett Penistone the Smiths Grandfather was Samuel Smith grandmother Ada Senior two boys William and Harry and three daughters Sarah Alice and Annie he father William Smith died 1971 Sarah marred Harold Turton daughter Margaret Turton married Harold Bramall 1971 we are hoping Margaret is still alive Alice had 4 daughters we don’t know any names or fathers surname Annie had two daughters and one son called Stewart not sure of his spelling nor there fathers surname.we don’t know if he uncle Harry was married we don’t know hoes living or passed away my wife’s mother died with this important details hope some one can help.

Hi Roy

If you're looking for people who you think might still be alive it might be a good idea to put a post on Sheffield Forum:

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/

ie, start just with looking for Margaret Bramhall, (nee Margaret Turton, descended from the Smith family of Langsett/Penistone), wife of Harold Bramhall

Denise

Roy,
Annie Smith married John G Wilkinson , Penistone ,1935. They would now be over one hundred years old. They had 2 daughters , Barbara K 1937, Marjory 1942 and son called Stuart S wilkinson 1951 all born Wortley.
Dave

Hi Dave my wife Maureen would like to Thankyou for the trouble to find her ant ANNiES family we will try to see if they are still alive to have a long chat .Roy

Roy,thank you.
Your other questions about Alice and Harry are impossible to answer without more info. For Alice there are too many possibilities.
Dave
Edit. Harry was born in 1924. That means he will have been called up to war in 1942. There is no matching Harry Smith with the right parents on the CWGC website so it looks like he probably survived the war.

Edit Alice Smith married Wiliam WINCH in 1938 Penistone. They had 4 children, all girls, Joycein 1938 Judith 1940 Carol 1944 and Joan1948. I think that is the right order. Look them up on FreeBMD.. They were all registered Wortley

Hi Dave again my wife’s sends her gratitude she’s has been overwhelmed with your information the family have pictures of men but they don’t know how they are she can’t wait to tell her sisters and brother we know that her uncle Harry is in the pictures but without a name we know he was born in 479 Langsett Road Penistone Sheffield married we don’t know we think he died in4 11 84 that’s all we know Roy

Roy, are there any uniforms in any of the photos?
Dave

No the photos are all taken in Bangor NI at my wife’s mother’s house.

Roy, may I suggest that you buy the death certificate (from GRO) for Harry who died Sheffield in 1984. That will tell you who reported the death (maybe a wife or child) and an address.
Dave

Roy,
There is a tree on Ancestry which has your Harry Smith. It says he married Theresa Coleman. The marriage in1948 is on Free BMD ,as are the births of their 4 children.
Dave

Hi Dave this is great news my wife Maureen will be delighted with your email once again Thankyou we could not have done this ourselves.Roy

Roy Rea
Hi Dave this is great news my wife Maureen will be delighted with your email once again Thankyou we could not have done this ourselves.Roy
We are looking the marrage of Stuart S Wilkinson born Worley 1951 mother Annie Smith and now lives in Wales.

Hi Roy

I can find 1 marriage for a Stuart S Wilkinson - to Jane C Mansfield in 1996, in Carmarthenshire, Wales.

So if you know your Stuart S Wilkinson lives in Wales it looks promising.

Denise

Hi Denise my wife’s cousin tells us he lives in Wales last se at a family funeral were would I get an address Thankyou Roy.

Hi Roy

You probably need to search the Electoral Registers.

A quick search brings up Stuart S Wilkinson, Max Wilkinson and Jane C Mansfield living in Newcastle Emlyn in Wales in 2002-2003, 2005,2012 and 2013 - cant see anything obvious for them after that.

So you might need to use something like
https://www.192.com/. An initial free search will bring up basic information (as above) but there will be a cost for getting any full address if you find them.

Denise