Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE: information

Hi, could anyone tell me if there is somewhere I can look to find an address of a plot holder? I've been trying to locate my GGF Benjamin ward and I've found a
burial entry on this site and it states that he was buried 10th of April 1907 and the plot owner is Elizabeth ward.( I believe that this could be his sister in law ) If I've found the right person? It would tie in with my research because I can't find him on the 1911 census. I understand that he was in Coventry in 1907 because my grandad Thomas was born there in 1907 then by 1911 Thomas was living with his uncle Job ward ( Benjamin's brother) and his wife Elizabeth . Any Information will be a big help
Thanks

Hi Ann,

The burial on this site gives Elizabeth Ward's address as 67 Bolsover Road.

Sheffield Daily Telegraph, 13 Apr 1907.
Deaths.
WARD.....On Sunday, April 7th at the Royal Infirmary, Benjamin Ward, dearly
loved husband of Elizabeth Ward, 67 Bolsover Road, aged 46 years. No cards.

Sheffield Daily Telegraph, 28 May 1924.
Deaths.
Ward.....On 23 May, suddenly, at Leagrave, Beds, Elizabeth Ward, widow of the
late Benjamin Ward, late of Bolsover Road, Pitsmoor. Interment Burngreave
Cemetery, to-day (Wednesday) at 3p.m.

1901 census, 53 Bolsover Road, Sheffield.
Benjamin Ward, 40, Journeyman tailor, born Thorpe Salvin, Yks.
Elizabeth Ward, 34, born Seagrave, Bedford.
Hilda Ward, dau, 5, born Thorpe Salvin, Yks.
Frank G. Ward,son, 9months, born Sheffield.

Moira.

Hi Moira, thank you for that information, I can now dis-regard that ben as a potential relative. I still can't find him on the 1911 census so it looks like he died in between 1907 and 1911. I know for certain that he was in Coventry in 1907 { info from a family member } I also understand that his wife Alice moved back to Sheffield leaving my grandad Thomas with his dad in Coventry but by 1911 I have Thomas living with his uncle and his wife. looks like I will have to do some more digging
Thanks once again . you have helped me solve some of my puzzle
Regards
Ann