Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Registry Office?

I also have a query re a possible Ecclesall Bierlow Registry Office marriage in the June qtr of 1900
EB. 9c 584.

Not found on FMP or Ancestry. I am looking for the father of Arthur Dungworth born about 1872. I have 13 Arthur Dungworths in my tree. One born 1872 and the another 1873.

The Arthur I am looking for married Martha Woodcock whose line I have. They were from Grenoside.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: Registry Office?

Elaine,
The Arthur Dungworth born 1872 was the son of Joshua Dungworth and his wife Harriet Nee Webster. They married in Q3 1848 Sheffield (from Free BMD)
Arthur was the last of their 8 children, all of whom are on GRO index.
The Arthur born in 1873 was the son of Arthur Dungworth and Annie nee Barraclough . Their marriage is on Free BMD. Arthur was the first of their 9 children, all of whom are on GRO Indec, but beware several different spellings of Barraclough
Dave

Re: Registry Office?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your input I didn't want to buy the marriage cert if possible as this Dungworth line is not my close line but part of my Dungworth one name study.

You have born out what I had found. I was hoping that there was a possible registry office
CD that covered June of 1900.

That is when Arthur Dungworth & Martha Woodcock married.
Ecclesall Bierlow 9c 584.

I was trying to prove that Joshua was indeed the father to "this" Arthur. However both Arthur & Martha are related to me. Martha's twin sister had married George Frederick Dungworth. Probably a Dungworth cousin.

Thanks again.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype