Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a grave in eckington cemetery

Hi im trying to find Harriet Fanshaw grave she died 15 Dec 1899. Her husband William Fanshaw died at 79 market street in Eckington 15 Feb 1903. Both are buried in Eckington cemetery. I would like to visit the grave does anybody know if
Eckington cemetery has been transcribed anywhere and where i could look. I am looking for the row and number of the grave as i know many graves dont have head stones Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Re: Looking for a grave in eckington cemetery

Lorraine,

Simply doing a Google search brought up this page which, if you register (see in the grey box), should help you find the information:

http://www.eckington-pc.gov.uk/the_cemetery/cempages/cemlogin.html

Good luck,

Nigel

thankyou nigel, I have checked out the site, but you have to buy credit for any info. I know the grave is there, but not where, there. I was hoping there was a why to get grave number but it looking more like an afternoon wandering round the cemetery till we come across it that hoping there is a head stone But thankyou for your reply much appresiated

Hi

There is a office onsite, if you phone and talk to John Green the caretaker, he will give you the number and location of the grave.

01246 432197

Angela

thankyou Angela thats brilliant to know, I will give them a call
thanks again lorraine