Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ROSE ELEANOR COOLEY

I am looking for Rose Eleanor Colley according to her death record she was born 18 - 12 - 1893,
she married William Chattaway on the 25- 12 - 1914 at the parish church Handsworth Woodhouse her
at father is named as James Cooley and she was living at Coalbrook farm Woodhouse Mill. she died June 1970 Sheffield Vol 2d Page 830. I did fined a Rose Eleanor Cooley born in Shoreditch London but her father was called William.. I seem to have misplaced my Sheffield 1890 - 1899 birth record disc.
Hoping you can help me yet again.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ROSE ELEANOR COOLEY

Hi Fred

Not too sure if you meant Colley or Cooley, but using the marriage details for Rose Eleanor Colley (father James Colley, Miner) I've found a baptism for a

Rose Ellen Colley - Born 18 Dec 1893, baptised 4 March 1894 at Chapelthorpe St James (Wakefield)
Father James - Miner, Mother Eleanor.

(Ellen might have either been transcribed or entered incorrectly as she used Eleanor at her Marriage)

Denise

Hi Fred

No relation of mine but Rose suffers from the same transcription problems as my ancestors.

Rose Ellen Colley b 18 Dec 1893 bap 4 Mar 1894 at Chapelthorpe. Address, Cliffe.
Rose H Colley (7) -Niece (aunt is called Rose H Binns, possibly enumerator wrote Rose H again by mistake) b Crigglesworth - address 7 Nutt Street, Tanshelf, Pontefract.
Rose Elianor Golley (17) 1911 census - Domestic Servant - 62 Glencoe Road, Park, Sheffield (b Crigglestone, Yorkshire)
Rose Eleanor Colley (21) marriage 25th Dec 1914 Handsworth Woodhouse (address Coalbrook Farm, Woodhouse Mill).

Hope that's useful
Al Colley

Hi,
Dave many thanks for your very kind reply, sorry for the spelling mistake her name is colley please put this down to old age creeping in. I have now found the Rose Ellen Or Eleanor her birth record gives her name as Rose Ellen, and her marriage and death record's give her name as Rose Eleanor, it's no wonder I'm going round the twist or could it be that one of either of the names has been wrongly transcribed.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Al.
Many thanks for your very kind reply.
On Rose's birth record her name is given as Rose Ellen and on her Marriage and death record her name is given as Rose Eleanor, is ti any wonder i'm going round the twist.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.