Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grayson Family Bradfield

Looking for the birth of Henry Grayson & his parents who married 1774 to Mary Dyson from Bradfield.
I found two births one 1740 father Thomas & the other birth was 1747 father Henry both baptised Bradfield.
Any information would be much appreciated
Jenny Clarke

Re: Grayson Family Bradfield

Hi Jenny,

Malcolm Nunn archivist at Bradfield and myself have slowly been working our way through
Bradfield registers from 1723. I also have Dyson and Grayson Ancestry from way back. So your message caught my eye.

The registers at Bradfield were not always in the best shape with some pages being very faded so we were not able to transcribe them. In other words some entries are missing which is unfortunate.

Questions.
Do you have the marriage entry for Henry & Mary?
Do you have any other info on this couple that might help us zero in on this family.

The only marriage that is in our database is the following.
Grayson, Henry (~, age ~, ~, residing at OTC).
Married Susanna Haigh, on May 26, 1740, by ~ (Banns) at
St Nicholas, Bradfield. Father's name is ~ (~).

The Tilde denotes that there is no further information. Very little was entered in the registers at that time.

Fingers crossed that we can help.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Jenny,

Just found the following.He is listed under GREYSON.

Greyson, Henry (~, age ~, ~, residing at OTC).
Married Mary Dyson, on May 30, 1774, by Benj Hall (Banns) at
St Nicholas, Bradfield. Father's name is ~ (~).
Married in the presence of Johhn Morton & Jeremy Parkin.
Notes: .
Page No: ~ Reg No: 15

Elaine in Ottawa

While on the subject of Graysons, has anyone got any information on the marriage of Joseph GRAYSON, filesmith of Bradfield, widower, and Ann DICKINSON, widow of the same parish, both over forty (details from the Marriage bond and allegation)at St Nicolas's on 5 November 1798. I'm trying to to establish whether or not Ann was the widow of John DICKINSON of Tagstones who was buried on 9 November 1794. I have looked for wills to no avail. Any clues gratefully received!

Judith in France

Hi Judith,

Nice to hear from you again. Its been a while.

When looking for Henry Grayson (Greyson) I noticed that there were a number of Graysons
Baptised at Bolsterstone. Though many of those early entries will will be entered in the
Bradfield REgisters might be worth having a look.

Its a site offered by Jane Lachs.

If you go to our Parish registers and then down to the bottom of the page you with see Bolsterstone I would check Midhope as well.

http://www.bolsterstone.de/ORIGINAL/INDEX.HTM

They could also be on GENUKI.

Hope this helps

Elaine In Ottawa.

Jenny,

Possible Death dates and Henry's children's names and years might help.

Go back to go forward.

Elaine.

Ps There is a tree on Ancestry that appears to have your Henry with the father as Thomas.

Hello Elaine

Many thanks for your suggestions which I will follow up.

It's true I haven't posted for a long time, but I read the message board practically every day and it is still as interesting and helpful as ever. I'm eternally grateful to you for setting it up.

Judith in France

Great to see you around.

Take care and Happy Easter.

Elaine.

Hi Elaine,
I would like to thank you & researchers for looking for me on the Grayson family.
Hope you all have good Easter.

Thank You
Jenny