Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Please, on living Harrisons, missing Harrisons

My ancestor, John Harrison b ca 1807 Broughton, Lincolnshire, m Hannah England b Orthorpe ca 1808.
They are last seen in Worsbrough Bridge census 1851 with 3 children and his brother William Harrison b ca 1822 in Keadby.

John went to America with his two daughters soon after. I would like to know how I can find out what happened to his wife Hannah and brother William who were left behind.

In 1861, John's son Thomas, also left behind in England, is a lodger in the Ducker household where he meets his future wife, Maria Ducker. They have six surviving children, b 1870- 1880 named John, James, Annie, Fred, Wilfred and Sarah Jane. I see that they were in Kimberworth and Rotherham where Thomas is last seen in the 1901 census. Sarah Jane married Percy Hague but her three children have already passed and I don't know who their children are. I would love to connect with any English cousins!
Any suggestions or help much appreciated. This is a wonderful website!

Phyllis Harrison

Re: Help Please, on living Harrisons, missing Harrisons

Hi Phyliis

I found a possible burial for Hannah Harrison b.1808 in Kimberworth. The burial took place on 26 Nov 1857 at St Thomas Kimberworth. The age of this Hannah was 52 which gives a birth year of 1805 but it is not uncommon for a person's age to be wrong. She was living at Thorpe Common.
I found the burial on findmypast.

You could order the relevant death certificate to see if her death was registered by her son or another relation. It may give other information.

Harrison Hannah Dec 1857 Rotherham 9c 282

Hope this helps

Sue

Hi

In 1901, son Thomas Harrison is living at 23 Blackburn Lane, Kimberworth. There is a burial of a Thomas Harrison age 61 yrs on 12 May 1908 at Kimberworth-address 23 Blackburn Lane.

Sue

Hi Phyllis,

Re the children of Percy and Sara:
Clarence Hague married Emma Gwendoline Byne at St Thomas, Wincobank in 1928.
One of the witnesses was his sister Evelyn.
In 1939, Clarence, born 29 Aug 1903 and Emma, born 26 Jan 1909 are living at 115 Standon Road, Sheffield. There are two closed records which presumable are their children.
Birth registrations:
Bryan Hague, mmn Byne, Sep Q 1931, Sheffield.
Barbara Hague, mmn Byne, Mar Q 1938, Sheffield.

Evelyn Hague married Ernest Sanderson, Q4 1934, Rotherham.
Afraid I've not found any more details about this couple.

Stanley Hague married Edith Darrington in 1929 at St Cuthberts, Firvale, Sheffield.
Both give their address as 125 The Oval, Firth Park, Sheffield.
Father Percy is a driller.
In 1939, they are living at 123 The Oval, Sheffield.
Stanley Hague, born 18 Jan 1909, Forge general labourer.
Edith Hague, born 28 Oct 1908, domestic duties.
Audrey Hague, born 8 Feb 1930, at school.

Audrey Hague married Maurice Edwards Q2 1948 in Sheffield.

Moira.