Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GRO Index etc

On an earlier post Ann +Barry found my uncles death which was in 1982 on trying to order the certificate, on the GRO you can only order up to 1957 so my question is how do I find the index numbers etc to send for the certificate and how do I go about ordering from whom?

Thanks
Christine

Re: GRO Index etc

Hello Chris,

Use FreeBMD,i think their records go to 1992 but not complete.

Regards

Terry

Thanks Terry will do
Thanks for your reply

Chris

Hi Chris

Just in case FreeBMD doesnt have it

William Albert Jackson
Born 2 Aug 1906

Died 3rd quarter 1982, Northallerton, Volume 2, page 2024

Denise

Hi Denise
Thanks for your reply I have just looked on FreeBMD I tried always and came up with nothing ,you are a star thank you

Thank you to all who have helped with this its very much appreciated

Chris

Hi Chris, About your order I do think you can order a certificate from the GRO, The 1957 is just for the search criteria. If you click on place an order and supply the place of death and age at death plus the volume no.2 and the Page no. 2024 you should be able to order the death certificate. regards Barry

Hi Barry

I have ordered the cert through GRO thank you it was a little confusing with the 1957 date .Will keep everything crossed hopefully with everyone's help it is the right one

Thank you
Chris

Re: GRO Index etc UDATE

Just a quick update a massive thank you to everyone who replied to my posting, with your help it was the right William Jackson ,another brick wall has been knocked down.

Very best regards
Christine