Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irish Birth certificates

I don't know if anyone will be able to help or even point me in the right direction but I hope you can.
Researching
Michael Maloney born 5 May 1868 in Bodyke Co Clare died 20 June 1940 @ Ellesmere Road Sheffield
What are the chances for getting a birth certificate from the Irish registry office? or even record of baptism? If there is a chance of either of these where do I apply.

Re: Irish Birth certificates

Hi Catherine,

This site might be a start.

http://www.from-ireland.net/county-clare-genealogy/

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello Catherine

Using the website: https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

I have found a Michael Moloney born 7th May 1868 in Kilnoe, Co Clare, birth registered in Scariff. I will send a copy of the registration document for this birth by pm.

If you are interested, there are 5 more births for Michael Moloney, Maloney etc in Co Clare in 1868, another registered in Scarriff but I think this one is the more likely.

Anne

Thank you Elaine.
I will check out the site.

Thank you Anne. I will check out the site.
Thank you for the page of birth registrations.
I found a site which had the baptism records for the diocese of Killaloe which has the baptisms for Kilnoe. Their records show that Michael Moloney with the same parents was baptised May 5 1868. So think this may be the correct one though there is a discrepancy in the dates! hopefully it will tally when we get the MC for the wedding in Sheffield in 1910 which I think probably took place at St Marie's.

Hi sorry but NO marriage for Moloney at St Marie's Bramall Lane in 1909,1910 or 1911 Dave W

Thanks Dave. Will have to wait for the MC from the GRO. It was registered in Sheffield 3Q of 1910. 🤔

Just an after thought Dave. Did you check St Marie's Norfolk Row or St Mary's Bramall Lane? Don't think St Marie's is on this site.

Hi

The marries for St Maries are on FMP and the marriage is not there.

Angela

Thank you very much Angela. Definitely need the MC.
Thank you all for your help.