Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grave enquiry

I am trying to understand why when looking for an ancestor John Knight dob 1911 Sheffield parents Lucas Knight and Mary Knight.
I have found a burial for Johns daughter Eileen Knight died age 10 days at 36 Rough Bank death 25th November 1924 Grave 14724 Sec. EE city Road. My query is how are all those babies buried in one grave or can you explain what would happen. Is there just one grave and how would you find out grave names. A strange question but I am interested in finding out how these young babies were treated.

There appears quite a lot of entries for that address 36 Rough Bank is there any reason for this with all the entries being babies.

Re: Grave enquiry

Hi if you look at this it might help Dave W

https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/15820-rough-bank/

Re: Grave enquiry

Thanks Dave, I have looked at the website but still cannot understand how at 32 Rough Bank in the burials so many children appear at that address could there have been some hospital there, the address states courts but so many children and babies appear. Regarding the burial records would all the babies have been buried in that grave 14724 Sec.EE City Road. How could I find out more about this specific area.