Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANTHONY BROWN

I am looking for the husband of Constance Vera Mears nee Chattaway, I have found that Anthony and Constance married Jan - Mar - 1948 in Sheffield Vol 2d Page 465, Anthony died October 2005 in Sheffield C107a 048/1c age 86 his birth date is given as 09 - 02 - 1919. Does any one know where and when he was born and who his parents were.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ANTHONY BROWN

Hi Fred,

There is NO Anthony Brown birth showing on the Sheffield Council Site or FreeBMD.
I have covered a five year period for births.

How sure are you about the timeline? (1919)
I think you will have to purchase a copy of that Marriage certificate.

Elaine in Ottawa

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi

I've looked up the marriage of Constance Chattaway in Sheffield in 1948 and she married an Anthony Brown, not an Anthony Mears.

Carol

Hi Fred,
In support of Carol's comments:
Constance V. Mears Birth reg:1913 Mar.Q. Sheffield
1st marriage:
1936 Dec Qtr Sheffield to Daniel Chattaway

2nd marriage:
1948 Mar qtr Sheffield to Anthony Brown

I have found three possibilties for Anthony Brown's birth reg:

1) 1918 Dec qtr PANCRAS
parents: Herbert V. Brown/Margaret A. Duffy

2) 1919 Jun qtr WANDSWORTH
parents:
Archibald Hall Brown/Grace G.H. Roxburgh aka Grace O.Rosmanithy

3) 1919 Sept qtr ST. NEOTS
parents: George Brown/Elizabeth Broderick

ref: Free BMD

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Edit:
Just to clarify:
2nd marriage reg. should have read
Constance V. Chattaway
M:1948 Mar qtr Sheffield
Anthony Brown

Wendy:sleuth_or_spy:

Fred,
I cannot find an obvious child from the 1948 marriage, and it looks like Constance had just one child from her first marriage. Also Constance died in 1973 so when Anthony died who will have registered his death?, and would they be certain of his age?
If you buy the 1948 marriage certificate you should get 2 pieces of info about him, ie father name and what he said his age was. Those data will give you a decent chance to positively identify him.
Dave

Hi Elaine.
Thank you very much for your very kind reply. I have sent for a copy marriage certificate for Anthony and Constance.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Wendy,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply. I have now sent fora copy marriage certificate for Anthony & Constance.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply.I think I may have found the birth of a son for Daniel Chattaway and Constance Vera Mears which is Michael M. Chattaway born Apr - Jun - 1940 in Sheffield Vol 9c Page 939 also a marriage record for a Michael M Chattaway to Jacqueline Bidewell Oct - Dec - 1982 in Rotherham no vol or page numbers given, also a death record for a Jacqueline Teresa Chattaway Oct Dec - 2002 could this be the same Jacqueline ?.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.