Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Family History

Hello Forum,

I am trying to find info on ancestors of mine and their families. Someone on this site has helped me a bit, but I still would like to learn more about my relatives who are Ernest Broadhead (1923-1998) and Joyce Maidment (1925-1998). If anyone here has any info on Ernest and Joyce or are relatives of them, please contact me.

Thank you,
KK Broadhurst

Re: Family History

Hi KK,
Not sure what you have already..??
It looks as if Joyce Maidment married Ernest Broadhead in 1944 at Sheffield.
It also looks as if Ernest left Joyce at some point before the first child was born on 12th June 1944 named Terence Ernest Broadhead.

Joyce remarried (with both names Maidment/Broadhead) at Sheffield in 1949 to John William Howarth(poss.death 1954 Sheffield, age 49) and Terence was brought up as Howarth.

Terence married with both names (Broadhead/Howarth)
in 1979, Sheffield, to Carol Tuffnell
I have not found any children from this marriage and if Carol turns out to be Carol Ann Tuffnell then the latter could have been married three times-1969 and 1983 plus in 1979 as just Carol Tuffnell.

As for Ernest Broadhead he possibly married again in the March quarter of 1944 to Winifred V. Cooper (not sure if this was Winifred's 1st marriage but it looks as though she married again in 1961 at Don Valley Reg District. to Roy Moore.)

Is your death date for Ernest Broadhead certified...? I have only been able to find a death in 1953 age 29, at 48 Cliffe Field Rd,Sheffield.
I have only found one death for a Joyce Howarth in 1998 and her birth date was Mar/8/1924, the death was registered in Huddersfield. Maybe Terence moved there..???

You may have more success if you try researching the Maidment Line, specifically, her sister Shirley B:1935 who married John Willoughby. There is a Martin Willoughby on 192.com in 2019 still living in Sheffield. Martin is Shirley & John's firstborn who possibly married in 1985, Sheffield, to Jane E Murray.
References for the above can be found on FreeBMD,Family Search and this website S.I.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

I made a mistake: Ernest died in 1953.

Also please contact me by email.

KK

Hello KK,

If you are wanting to make contact with living members, I would suggest following up on the children of
Shirley(nee Maidment) & Joseph Willoughby

Martin Willoughby B: 1957 Sheffield
Michael ditto B: 1959 ditto
Carol B: 1960
Angela B: 1960

As I mentioned previously. I believe Martin still lives in Sheffield.

Happy Hunting:sleuth_or_spy: