Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a baptism

Hi
Wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction please. I’m looking for the baptism of a great uncle of mine.
His name is Joe Bell, born on 20/4/907 to Frank and Charlotte Bell (nee Mercer). They were living at 194 Bole Hill Road at the time of his birth. I have found his brothers baptism record, Frank Bell born in 1905. He was baptised at Sheffield Cathedral and Joe’s younger siblings were baptised at St Mary’s, Walkley. Just seems strange that I can’t find his record at either church. They moved house between 1908 and 1911 and went to 82 Cundy Street.

Any information would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance
Kerry.

Re: Looking for a baptism

Kerry, it is possible that if they were changing location then Joe's baptism was simply overlooked. Another possibility is that he was baptised but wherever that took place, the record has become unreadable and therefore it is missing from our transcriptions.
Dave

Re: Looking for a baptism

Hi Dave

Thank you for your reply, I think you’re right and it was either overlooked or unreadable. Who knows, it might appear one day. I have everything else about him, just wanted to fill in some of the gaps.

Thanks again

Kerry.