Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Info Needed

Hi, can anyone tell me if I would be allowed to view the original parish records ? and if so, where would I find them ? I've recently come across a parish record on here and I would like to verify it.
Any information would be greatly received
Regard
Ann

Re: Info Needed

Hi Ann,

Sheffield Archives is the Ecclesiastical Depository for the Sheffield area.

So a visit to the Archives would be called for.

Could you give me what it says and I might be able to offer a suggestion.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Elaine , thanks for your reply.
It says Susan Ann Born 29-10-1961, Baptised 26-11-1961 .Twin Of Melvin. it says the same about Melvin. ( twin of Susan Ann ) I'm confused because Melvin was born in 1960 . perhaps it would be best if I visit the archives then I will get the answer I'm looking for .
Regards
Ann

Hi Elaine ,I've just spoken to a lady at Sheffield archives and she confirmed that they were not twins. she said that its possible that they were baptised together and the notes were written incorrect
Regards
Ann

Hello Ann

I have removed the notation of twins which was added by us because the date of birth for both children has been recorded as the same ie 29 Oct 1961. The vicar must have made an error in Melvin Ward's recorded birth date but I have made a note re 1960

Vicki

Hi Vicki
Thank you for removing the notation, and for adding the note to Melvin's record . I realise that it was the vicar who made the error and not the people who transcribe the records .

Kind Regards
Ann