Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trying to find relatives of the Brady Family

Hi, I am trying to find anyone related to my dad, Michael Brady. His parents are Annie Woodward and Patrick Brady. Patricks parents were Patrick Brady (snr) and Matilda walker. They used to live on roundel st in darnall I think. We know/believe Patrick (snr) parents (John Brady & Mary Hannah) died when he was still young and he then lived with his mum's sister (ellen) and her husband (John Allen).

Patrick Brady (Jnr) had siblings we believe include, Thomas, Mary, Matilda, Ellen, John, Francis (Frank) & Margaret. They were born between 1911 & 1927.

My dad's dad (Patrick Jnr) died when my dad was young and he never saw much more of his dad's side of the family. He doesn't know why and he can't remember much about them, but he would love to know anything if anyone can remember him or his parents.

I know it's a long shot but im hoping someone on here may recognise these names and get in touch. I do have some names of his cousins also but didn't know whether to add them to this or not, however he can remember Maureen Brady living with him and his mum for a while.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

Re: Trying to find relatives of the Brady Family

Sharon Slater
Hi, I am trying to find anyone related to my dad, Michael Brady. His parents are Annie Woodward and Patrick Brady. Patricks parents were Patrick Brady (snr) and Matilda walker. They used to live on roundel st in darnall I think. We know/believe Patrick (snr) parents (John Brady & Mary Hannah) died when he was still young and he then lived with his mum's sister (ellen) and her husband (John Allen).

Patrick Brady (Jnr) had siblings we believe include, Thomas, Mary, Matilda, Ellen, John, Francis (Frank) & Margaret. They were born between 1911 & 1927.

My dad's dad (Patrick Jnr) died when my dad was young and he never saw much more of his dad's side of the family. He doesn't know why and he can't remember much about them, but he would love to know anything if anyone can remember him or his parents.

I know it's a long shot but im hoping someone on here may recognise these names and get in touch. I do have some names of his cousins also but didn't know whether to add them to this or not, however he can remember Maureen Brady living with him and his mum for a while.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

A baptism for Patrick 1887 and a marriage for Francis Joseph are on this site
<<<<< over there.

Hi Sharon,
Pete suggested you check out the marriage record on this site for one of your father's uncles. ie:
Francis Joseph Brady- B:1924 to Patrick & Matilda Brady
Joseph M:1946 Sheffield to Mavis Sellars.
child: Ann F. Brady B:1951- poss.marriage 1971 SF - Robert Oles

Another child of Patrick & Matilda you may want to check out is Margaret M. Brady B:1927 SF. poss.marriage 1951 SF to Maurice Wild. Children:
John P. Wild B:1956 SF. poss.marriage 1978 Sf. to Catherine Roome- Children: Claire Louise Wild B:1979 SF.
Kevon Wild B:1958 (Kevon was a witness to his brother John's marriage, above (see this website)
Shaun Christopher Wild B:1968

Patrick & Matilda(nee Walker) had at least 8 children that I have found, probably more

John & Mary(nee Hannam) had at least 7 children that I have found probably more. It looks to me as though Mary died shortly after giving birth to her last child, Ann B:1891 who also died the same year. Mary was 33yrs, then John Brady died 1893 age 37 which is why Patrick(B 1887)was shipped out to his godparents, John.W, Allen and his wife Helen (nee Hannam) Patrick was still living with Ellen (but no John)in 1911.

You may want to check out the marriage of a daughter of John and Mary: Margaret Brady B:1880 SF. poss. marriage in 1899 SF, to Thomas McGrath.

Hope this gives you some leads on some present day, Brady descendants.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Hi and thanks for having a look, I am going to check it with the information I already have, but that all sounds familiar to me. I just can't seem to come further forward (or further back, we hit Ireland and so far still no definite results). I will keep going back to it and hopefully one day will find more out.

Thanks again.