Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANN MARIA FRANCE

Would Any one know what was the first marriage of Ann Maria France was to, on the 06 - 07 - 1863 she married Joseph Wheatcroft in Ecclesall names as Anne Maria France (widowed) her father's name is given as Jude France so I am assuming the after her first husband's death she reverted back to her maiden name. I have checked both Sheffield & Ecclesall birth records with no mention of Ann Maria France births. I have found a marriage record for a Ann Maria France 02 - 12 - 1860 in Sheffield to a John Rodgers which gives her fathers name as Jude France.
Hoping you can help me.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ANN MARIA FRANCE

Fred,
From gro index a Herbert Rodgers was born in q2 1862 mmn France. In the sane quarter of the same year, John Rodgers died (gro index)
The same source indicates that there were no children in the 1860s born Wheatcroft with mmn France.
Dave
I

Re: ANN MARIA FRANCE

Hi Dave,
I do have a copy marriage certificate for the marriage of Joseph Wheatcroft age 27 living at Chester Street father William Wheatcroft & Ann Maria France age 25 living at Fitzwilliam street father Jude France both addresses are in Sheffield. I have just found another Ann France born Jan - Mar - 1838 in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 22 Page 110. I think this could be the same person I am looking for the 1841 census gives her name only as Ann but her fathers name has john I am sure this is a typing mistake as the 1851 gives his name as Judeboth census's have the same family names. I will send for a copy birth certificate too make sure.
Many thank for your time and trouble.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.