Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harry Epworth Allen, Sheffield Artist burial record

Hi, I'm tring to find out where Harrey Epworth Allen (1894 - 1958) was buried or cremated. He lived and died at 67 Banner Cross Road, Ecclesall

Re: Harry Epworth Allen, Sheffield Artist burial record

Hello Alastair
A Harry Epworth Allen, aged 63, was cremated in City Road on 28th March 1958. His cremation number is 31885 and Bereavement Services can tell you what became of his ashes. The information is from an Index. regards, Christine Steers

Many thanks for the quick reply, it's appreciated.

Hi Alastair

Have you possibly any information as to where the painting of the guy holding the Touch Burner by Harry Epworth Allen is displayed ?

Roger Stevenson
Hi Alastair

Have you possibly any information as to where the painting of the guy holding the Touch Burner by Harry Epworth Allen is displayed ?
I looked it up in the catalogue of his works and it's listed as being in a private collection.

Hi Alastair and many thanks for your prompt reply.
I currently have an interest in researching the origin of Touch Burners, hence my enquiry.
If anyone outside of the Sheffield area made and used Touch Burners during childhood, would you please e male me

Look forward to some replies

I'd be interested to hear what you find out and whether they were a Sheffield thing or more widespread.

Hi Alastair

Will certainly get back to you with more touch burner information

Roger