Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
burial of Sophia Brackenbury at tinsley park cemetery 18th December 1918.

I purchased the tinsley burial records from genfair in June last year, as a few of my ancestors were buried there and I have been fortunate to have seen a couple of headstones.

However Sophia Brackenbury is not on the list I purchased - I can find only 1 Brackenbury listed, that of Elsie Brackenbury buried 9 Jan 1907. plot X8c

I have just checked other people on the same page of the parish record book page 41 in the book (45 0f 204 on the computer print) and cannot find them on the tinsley records e.g. Leonard Walker dec 7, aged 32. down to Fanny Baughan Jan 2nd Age 69

According to the archive ref PR-144-4-4 page 41 Sophia was buried at Tinsley on 18th December 1918.

Does anyone have a plot number for Sophia Brackenbury?
Thanks Christine

Re: burial of Sophia Brackenbury at tinsley park cemetery 18th December 1918.

Christine.

The reference you have given is for Tinsley St Lawrence Church NOT Tinsley Park cemetery.

Bur 1711-1767 PR 144

The burials for this church are on FMP and her burial is listed there along with the image from the burial register.

Angela

Re: burial of Sophia Brackenbury at tinsley park cemetery 18th December 1918.

Thank you for that information Angela. I didn’t know that, but one of my ancestors married at st Lawrence church so it would make sense.

Christine