Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOSEPH WHEATCROFT`

Looking for the parents of Joseph Wheatcroft Baptized 04 - 04 - 1802 At Sheffield Cathedral his parents name's names are given as Luke Wheatcroft & Mary ?. I have found a Luke Wheatcroft & Mary Gill but their is no mention of a son Joseph on their side of the family. this is the same Joseph who marries Mary Frith 06 - 09 - 1824 and died Oct - Dec -1880 in Ecclesall Bierlow.
Hoping you can help me.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: JOSEPH WHEATCROFT`

Hi Fred,

Luke Wheatcroft was apprenticed to Jonathan Gill of Heeley. Presumably Mary, wife
of Luke is Jonathan's daughter.

By 1851 Joseph is a widower and is living with his brother Luke in Heeley. He is also
with him in 1861 and 1871.

Moira.

Hi Moira,
Thank you once again for your very kind reply, Yes you are correct, I was getting mixed up with Luke senior & Luke junior all I have got to do now is sort out who Joseph's wife parent where.
I have found two Marriages for Joseph one married to a Anne Kippax and Anne Shippard both on the 30 - 11 - 1767 in Almundbury Yorkshire on the transcript of the marriages the are filled in by the same person and it is very hard to say which is the correct name on either of the documents, I have checked the Sheffield register of marriages for 1767 and the only Joseph married on that year was to a Mary Crooks.
Once again many thats for all your time and trouble.
My very best wishes for the New Year
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hello Fred

The records for this marriage are on Ancestry.
First the Banns Register. Jonathan Gill & Anne Kippax had banns read on 15 Nov, 22 Nov, 29 Nov 1767.
Then the Marriage Register 30th Nov 1767. Jonathan married Anne Kippax.

Do you want me to send images of the 2 documents.

Anne