Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PATRICIA MARY KNIGHT NEE SLOAN

Many thanks to all who have previously replied to may search for Patricia Mary Knight nee Sloan.
I have now received a copy marriage certificate for the suggested marriage of Hugh B. Fletcher & Patricia Mary Knight 07 - 09 - 1957 in Birmingham which gives Patricia's status as spinster and her father's name as Joseph unfortunately this is the wrong marriage. which begs the question
did she remarry after the death of her first husband Joe Knight and could she still be living
or have died after 2007.
Hoping someone can throw a little more light on Patricia for me.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: PATRICIA MARY KNIGHT NEE SLOAN

Hello Fred,
You do have a dilemma as there are a number of marriages recorded in the Birmingham area. e.g.
Patricia Knight M:1953 Birmingham to John E.H. Murray
Patricia M.Knight M:1965 Birmingham to Roger E. Small
Patricia Knight M: 1963 Birmingham to James S. Collin

There is also a death record which may have a link to the Collin marriage above, for:
Patricia Mary Colin (only one 'L')D: Oct/1993 Rugby, Wks.
B: 29th July 1924. Do you have a birth date for Patricia Mary Sloan?

Also have you followed up on a possible daughter- Jennifer A. Knight B: 1952 Sheffield. MMN: Sloan

A lot of if's, I'm afraid.

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Hi Wendy,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply, I have checked the three marriages you gave me but none seem to match up along with four other matches in the Birmingham & Yorkshire areas with no luck I will have to assume that she died a widow. I had already found the birth of her daughter Jennifer but no other information about her. I will have to keep on searching.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Fred,

You might check out a Jennifer A. Knight who is currently a children's speech therapist at NHS Nottingham, who graduated from Univ. of Birmingham. Also a Jennifer A. Knight (who fits the age bracket) on the 2011 electoral roll who lived in Retford. Notts.

Happy Hunting:sleuth_or_spy: