Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: City Rd burials query

Thanks Vicki

Since the six burials are evenly divided between 'EE' and 'EE1' I guess this plot must be border country.

Hugh

Might EE have been renamed EE1 when EE2 was opened? Rather as Queen Elizabeth became known as Elizabeth I in 1952.

Geoffrey.:slightly_smiling_face:

EE and EE1 co-exist on the current plan (and there is no EE2 as far as I can see)

I see there are also II and II1 which must lead to endless confusion in handwritten records. At Wardsend they sensible decided to do without a section J to avoid confusion with I.

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

On the MAP we have on the site it looks to me as if there is a pathway between EE & EE1.

I just wonder if there was a mistake in the registers. Maybe City Road would be the one to check with and see if they can prove one way or the other.

If you do find they made a mistake could you let us know please.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thanks but I don't think my curiosity extends that far at the moment. I have been in contact with a relative of these people so if it turns out to be of interest to her we might take it further in the future.

Hugh

Hello Hugh

The plot number puts the grave in EE1 so the EE entries are incorrect, my guess is a clerical error.

My theory was that maybe a pathway was added after 1931 but the child burial in 1906 scuppers that idea as it was entered as section EE1 (I have checked the entry in the burial book) This is a purchased plot but I don't have any record of a memorial.

Tony