Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milnes family of Atterclife/ Sheffield

Hoping for advice where to look /
I have a Alfred Milnes born 1864 Sheffield on the 1871 census living at Zion lane Attercliffe with brother Thomas 1860. and head of family Mary A. Milnes born 1829.
On the 1881 census he is at the same address head is now Emma born 1852 Alfred and Thomas are down as brothers all appears ok but they are not showing on the 1861 census / I know Alfred would not be there but the other two would be some where Mary A died 1874 at Zion lane address so any help trying to find Mary A,s husband would be good . nothing helps on the 1861 census or 51
regards Alan

Re: Milnes family of Atterclife/ Sheffield

Hi Alan

GRO births shows Alfred's mothers maiden name as NEEDHAM

Marriage Q Sept 1847 22/478
George MILNES and May Ann NEEDHAM

1861 Census Blast Lane

George Milnes 39
Mary Ann Milnes 31
Sarah Ann Milnes 11
Emma Milnes 9
Benjamin Milnes 5
Elizabeth Milnes 3
Thomas Milnes 1

Possible Death for George?
Deaths Q Mar 1867
George Milnes age 43 9c/338

Vicki

Re: Milnes family of Atterclife/ Sheffield

Hi Allan
Adding to Vicki's info

Family Search website: 1851 Census:
George & Mary Ann (MILNS) and their 1 year old daughter Sarah Ann, are living at High Street, Attercliffe-cum-Darnall with Mary Ann's mother, Lydia Needham and her brother Thomas Needham.

Vicki mentioned a death for a George Milnes in 1867, more details for this death at Gun Lane, can be found on this excellent website, along with the deaths of other children who are in the same grave, along with Lydia Needham. Mary Ann Milnes can also be found on S.I. site in a different grave.

HAPPY HUNTING
Wendy in Guelph:sleuth_or_spy: