Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blank family tree for wall display

Does anyone know anywhere in Sheffield where a blank family tree can be purchased suitable for adding names and or small photographs and hanging on the wall or keeping as a scroll? I have a family tree maker software but it is no good for this purpose. I'd preferably like one which goes back more than three generations but realise that the numbers double with each generation. 5 generations = 16, but a larger one might be manageable (i.e. great x3 grandparents or beyond) with small slots. I have seen them somewhere a while ago, they were rolled up in a tube, but cannot now find any. I don't want to buy one over the Internet as I want to see what I am buying before I go ahead! Don't fancy getting my measuring tape and a roll of wallpaper out to do a DIY job on it!

Re: Blank family tree for wall display

my-history.co.uk is based at denaby main, Doncaster. They have several types of family charts and if you want to see them before you buy they have a shop there.

Thank you so much, your help has been much appreciated.

Hi Helen, I could not find a satisfactory wall display anywhere so I have created my own on Microsoft Publisher. It is A1 with 7 generations and room for pictures to be inserted. If you have or can get Publisher on your computer I could email you the template. You would have to go to photographic shop to have it printed costs about £21. regards Barry.

Thanks but I am now arranging to go to the one near Doncaster as I am thinking of buying some for presents for friends too.

I managed to get one from Sheffield Archives I think they maybe able to help.

Thanks but I have now purchased one.