Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pearson connections please !

Good evening everyone, anybody out there with connections to the following

Walter Pearson b 1875 married Anne Stuart b 1886 at St Annes, Netherthorpe, Sheffield on
18 July 1904
They had 8 children that I know of.

Ada b and d 1904
Walter b 1906 d ?
Charles b 1909 d 1911
Frederick b 1913 d ? married Lily
Alfred b 1916 d ? married Mary McNally
Annie b 1918 d ?
Alice b 1921 d 1930
Mary b 1924, still alive !

I am hoping that somewhere there are descendants living of Walter, Frederick, Alfred and Annie

Thanks in anticipation

Roger

Re: Pearson connections please !

Hi, I am decended from your Pearsons line. My great grandfather William Henry Pearson born Sheffield 1864 was the son of Fredrick Pearson and brother to Walter, I have loads of info if you want to contact me.I am the granddaughter of Albert Edward Pearson born 1901, to William Henry and Mary Ann Woodhouse.

I'm a descendant of Walter Pearson's dad, Frederick, who was my Great-great-grandad. So, sorry, not a descendant of Walter either but definitely some kind of distant relation.

Good evening Andrew

I have sent you an e mail

Roger

Andrew ,
frederick was also my great great grandfather, i am decended from His son William Henry, who was your great grandad pls

Julie,

My great-grandad was Herbert Pearson, baptised March 21, 1877, parents Mary Ann and Frederick (a rod roller).

Incidentally, I found an article in the Telegraph for 12 March 1881 saying that William Henry had a nasty accident in the Kelham rolling mill and very nearly lost an arm (he was in the infirmary in the 1881 census) - you probably knew all of that already.

Cheers,

Andrew.

thanks Andrew I can get the connection now. Ive found the info about William Henry I knew he had his arm amputated in the end, my grandad told me. I have Herbert in my family tree.

That must have hurt the whole way through the process and he was only 17 when it happened, poor kid.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew could you tell me which one of herbert pearsons sons is your great grandad pls

Julie, Herbert's son Frank, born 1899, was my grandad. Frank had four children, the first three between 1918 and 1921 and then my dad came along a bit later so he was over 10 years younger than his siblings. Dad's auntie Ada said that when she was young she'd go out on the town with one of her sisters and when they got back to Daisy Walk they'd try to sneak into the house. Herbert would be waiting up in one of the two downstairs rooms and chase them up the stairs. Mum remembers seeing Herbert's wife, dad's gran, when he took Mum round to Daisy Walk to show off his new girlfriend and get the nod of approval from Gertrude Lilian ("Owd Lil" as he called her, but maybe not to her face).

Andrew thank you so much i can put that info in my tree on ancestry if you dont mind. I am in touch with a Bruce Taylor from Canada whose grandad was Lillians brother. He was sent to Canada as a British home child x

Hi Roger,
Sorry 'not a rellie' but there are a number of good leads on this excellent website regarding Walter Pearson B:1906. His marriage is over to the left under Parish Records.
WALTER PEARSON (bachelor age 25)
M: Aug/1/1931 St.John. Park
ADA ASHMORE (spinster age 21) ADA PEARSON died Oct/1931 (maybe in childbirth)
I believe their daughter was:
JOAN PEARSON B Oct/1931 (over the brush..??) ref:Free BMD
I believe, married
ALEC SENIOR on 25th March 1950 Christ Church Attercliffe
Ref:S.Indexers)

Joan and Alec appear to have had three daughters, Denise, Diane & Patricia ref: S.Indexers

There are a couple of traceable marriages for Denise and Diane on Free BMD.

As for a death for Walter Pearson B:1906, there is a death recorded both on Free BMD and Family Search websites for the December quarter of 1976 at Sheffield, with a birth date of 12th Feb/1906. If you know the date of his birth you are away to the races.
It is not clear whether Walter remarried, there are a couple of marriages on Free BMD in Sheffield, 1934 & 1936 I believe. Anyone checking the 1939 census reg. might be able to help.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Hi Wendy and thanks !

Julie,

Yes, no problem at all.

Cheers,

Andrew.