Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PARTRICIA MARY KNIGHT NEE SLOAN

Does anyone know what happened to to Patricia after the death of her husband 23/08/1953.
Did she remarry?. Patricia was born Jul - Sep - 1924 and married Joe Knight Aprl - jun 1946 both events in Birmingham.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: PARTRICIA MARY KNIGHT NEE SLOAN

Hi Fred,

Have you looked at FreeBMD for either a re marriage or burial in Birmingham.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Fred,
Between 1940 and 1960 there is only one child born in the whole country to a Knight-Sloan marriage. That was Jennifer in the Q3 1952 in Sheffield. There is no death in Birmingham in q3 1953 for Joe or Joseph Knight. However there is a death in SHEFF IELD in that quarter for 30 yr old Joe Knight.
Did your Joe die in Sheffield?
Dave

Hi Dave,
Many thanks once again, I did have the information regarding Joe Knight and his Daughter, how every I still have not found out if His wife re-married after Joe's death or when she died ?
Also Did their daughter ever marry.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Elaine,
Yes I did check the Free BMD but nothing came up. Dave has confirmed the death of her husband and this checks out with his obituary. but I still can not find the death record for Patricia Mary Knight all thought there are a lot of Mary Knight's but I have found only two Patricia Mary Knight Death records neither of them match the lady I am searching for.
Once again thank you for all trouble and help.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hello Fred,
The following marriage registrations on Free BMD, may possibly be your Patricia.
Checking the certificates might help.

Patricia M. Knight
M: 1957 Sept Quarter Birmingham
Hugh B. Fletcher
or
Patricia M. Sloan
M: 1971 June Qtr. Birmingham
David R. Weaver

Happy Hunting:sleuth_or_spy:

Fred,
With regard to Wendy's 2 suggestions the second can be eliminated because that marriage produced several children in the 1970s when your Patricia would have been in her 50s.
However the first one, Patricia M Knight to Hugh B Fletcher is a good bet. No obvious children and Hugh B Fletcher died age 26 in Oldbury near W Bromwich in 1960. A Patricia M Fletcher died in Burton on Trent in 1961 age 37, so born in 1924
Dave

Hi Wendy.
Thank you very much for your very kind reply.
I will send for a copy Marriage cetificate hoping the marriage between Hugh Brayn Fletcher & Patricia Mary knight is the one I am looking for.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Dave,
thanks once again for your very kind reply and valued information which has enabled me to sort out the BMD of Hugh Bryan Fletcher & Patricia Mary Knight. I will send for a copy marriage certificate hoping this is the Patricia I am looking for.
My Very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft