Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Cutts - Waterloo Veteran 1793 -1875

Im researching into this veteran which I was not aware of in 2015 (200 th anniversary) of the battle.There is some info ref annual meetings at a pub now gone in Fargate but as far as Im aware no picture exists? Is anyone aware of where he is buried from 1875 I believe.?
It appears we have some family connecton via the Davison family line.I am aware of others who fought in the same battle with commemorations gravestones but not for George.I would appreciate any further help as I currently live in Ipswich so only come back up to family in Sheffield occasionally

Re: George Cutts - Waterloo Veteran 1793 -1875

Hi Stuart

George Cutts age 83 of Rhodes St buried 3rd Oct 1875 at Park St John
Dave

Hi

I've found mention of him in an edition of the Sheffield Daily Telegraph published on 2nd October 1875:-

'George Cutts, the last Waterloo veteran residing in Sheffield, died on Thursday at the age of 84'

Carol

Thanks Carol
I think I may have seen this -what Im hoping is that somewhere there may be a photo of him

Kd Rgds Stuart

Hi Stuart, My wife is a descendant of the Cutt Cutts family. I have a tree on Ancestry if you care to have a look (the White dynasty). The relation to the davison part which my wife comes from is distant George is her 1st cousin 4x removed.

24 June 1815
Start of Muster: 25 Dec 1814 End of Muster: 24 Jun 1815 Regiment or Unit: 1st Regiment of Foot (Grenadier Guards)
1 Source
Residence

1815 • Waterloo, Belgium
Rank: Private Regiment: 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards Sub Unit: Lieutenant Colonel West's Company
1 Source
regards Barry

Many thanks Barry

Kd Rgds Stuart