Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1939 Reg

Hi I hope someone can help. I am looking for a Sidney Hague born 1904 wife Maria. Cannot find them on Ancestry I am looking for their date of birth I know they were living on Eastern Ave Sheffield 2 Thanks Dave W

Re: 1939 Reg

They were living at 22 Eastern Avenue.
Sidney Hague 9/10/1904 Unemployed
Maria " 9/6/1905 Unpaid domestic duties

3 closed records
Sidney Hague 19/3/1932 at school

Hope this helps

Jenny

THANKS where did you find it Dave

It's on FMP on the 1939 Register.

Hi thanks again. This is the third time I have tried to find a family on the Ancestry 1939 Reg and had to ask for help. I have even rang them, two were spelt wrong and one even they could not find. Dave W

Re: 1939 Ancestry Register

Hi

I find the Ancestry 1939 register very frustrating indeed. The closed records don't seem to have any standardization. Does anyone know what the citeria are for the closed (blackened) names. It doesn't seem to be the 100 year rule, and I've experienced an arbitrary closure of some of my relatives names, and not for others. They even give extra info for those still open too, like date the female was married and her new married name, notated in the margin. What am I missing? What is the cut off point?

I at first thought it was that Ancestry had linked individual entries to the definite deaths of the persons registered, and left those entries open, as that seemed to work and be correct. But then I found closed lines of relatives that had definitely died, so that then wasn't correct. Is it just that Ancestry has cut off at a certain date, and the later deaths are not linked to the individual entries? If so when will they update the entries, or how often will they update the entries (i.e link them to real deaths).

Maybe this is why there is a discrepancy between FMP results and Ancestry results. Maybe FMP show the entries in real time, with real time updates, and Ancestry doesn't update on a live basis.

Ann

Ann,
FMP offers the facility for you to report a change an entry from closed to open and vice versa. Assuming people use that then records will change regularly. This may explain one of the differences between the two
Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for that. That's interesting. Will have to investigate that option
Always been just dipping in and out these days, too busy to motice that option.

Bit miffed at having to do the job for them as have much less time these days.

Ann

Hi Dave

Having said that, no wonder I didn't notice that option, I'm on Ancestry not FMP. Not noticed the option to update on Ancestry, but maybe not looked hard enough.

Ann