Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help With 1939 Reg

Morning. Thanks Been using Ancestry and it comes up with nothing. Might have to change to FMP, do you think its better. Thanks Dave.

Morning Dave,

It does come up on Ancestry with one closed record. Looks from Angela's reply that it was Ernest.

Dont know why it was closed on one and not the other.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Elaine.

Apparently FMP go through the records every few weeks using the GRO and open up closed records were a death has been recorded. Researchers can also request that a record is opened by producing a death certificate for the person in question.

Ancestry will still be using the original register obtained from TNA and will not have opened any records as yet.

The Register was continually updated while National Registration was in force, when it was a legal requirement to notify the registration authorities of any change of name or address. This ended in 1952, but since 1948 the Register had also been used by the National Health Service, who continued updating the records until 1991, when paper-based record keeping was discontinued.

Angela

Hi thanks both of you but no matter how many times I try I still can't find them on Ancestry Dave

Hi Dave,

If you would like to e-mail me directly I can try and help.

You are probably typing in more info than they want.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Dave.

If you put your email in the box provided, I will send you a copy. Or contact me on my email and I will reply to you if you don't want to disclose your email address.

Angela

Ancestry record is misspelled - CRODDOCK